The newly revamped Boardwalk Mall is home to the Eastern Cape’s first world-class Checkers FreshX supermarket, which has created new jobs for 138 employees.
The store has a total of 202 employees and will be managed by Warren Kappadu who joined the retailer in 2018.
Checkers FreshX Boardwalk Mall will offer customers a unique shopping experience, including:
- Exclusive private label brands such as Forage & Feast and Simple Truth;
- A Meat Market with free range chicken and restaurant-quality steak;
- A fish counter with a wide range of seafood including fresh oysters, whole prawns (cleaned), farmed seabass and abalone;
- A sushi bar;
- A bakery with artisan breads and a sophisticated range of confectioneries and luxury cakes by Soet Cakes;
- Stone-baked pizzas;
- A selection of meats and veggies expertly prepared on an imported rodizio grill;
- Fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers;
- A Foreign Ground coffee shop;
- Purified water on tap; and
- A Money Market counter.
Little Me offers an extensive range of baby and toddler products from the best local and international brands at supermarket prices, with specialist in-store employees on standby to assist customers. Some of the brands available at Little Me include Cherry Melon maternity wear; Doona car seats and strollers; Noola prams and carry cots; Ree Collective diaper bags, bedding, bibs and more; Stokke prams and car seats as well as uMatie baby and toddler food.
The specialist Petshop Science store features everything pet owners could want or need, including food, treats and toys from premium brands like Hills, Royal Canine, Ultra Dog, Rogz and Nandoe.
Trading hours for Checkers FreshX, Little Me and PetShop Science are from 08h00 to 19h00, Mondays to Sundays.