The Shoprite Group has launched UNIQ, its new clothing brand fashioned on simplicity, comfort, superior fabrics and value.
The first standalone UNIQ store opened in Cape Town’s Canal Walk shopping centre with another eight stores scheduled to open in the next month.
Catering for the entire family, the UNIQ range consists of premium basics in a variety of colours and fabrics that are easy to mix and match. Every item of clothing is thoughtfully designed and made to last, pairing durable fabrics with stylish and versatile designs.
UNIQ has sourced materials specifically engineered for comfort and convenience, and it is the first local clothing retailer to introduce Supima cotton to the mass market. With longer fibres than regular cotton, this superior quality cotton is stronger, softer, and absorbs colour better, keeping clothing lustrous even after many washes.
The premium quality launch range includes:
- An extensive collection of t-shirts (priced from R149) including a standard, slim and oversized fit.
- Womenswear in luxurious fabrics that feel good on the skin, such as modal-blend leggings which contain 10% elastane (R199 each), brushed fleece joggers (R299 each), cosy knits, sleepwear and more.
- Modern menswear such as fleecetech jackets, hoodies and bottoms, including the comeback kid – corduroy pants and shirt jackets.
- Kiddies’ basics (ages 3 – 13) in muted tones which are mirrored on the adult lines, so parents can have fun twinning with their mini-mes.
- Responsibly sourced down-filled puffer jackets (from R799).
- Quality underwear for men and for women.
A UNIQ checkout experience
In keeping with the Group’s commitment to convenience through innovation, UNIQ is the first clothing retailer in South Africa to offer self-service checkout. Smart tags and advanced radio-frequency identification (RFID) enable customers to easily scan and pay for items.
Customers will be assisted on the sales floor by well-trained employees, with on average nine new jobs created with the opening of every UNIQ store.
Eight more standalone stores will be opened at the following locations over the next month:
- Ballito Junction Mall (Ballito, KwaZulu-Natal)
- Secunda Mall (Secunda, Mpumalanga)
- Table Bay Mall (Cape Town, Western Cape)
- Mall@Reds Shopping Centre (Pretoria, Gauteng)
- The Grove Mall (Pretoria, Gauteng)
- Galleria Mall (Amanzimtoti, KwaZulu-Natal)
- Dainfern Square (Dainfern, Gauteng)
- Menlyn Park (Pretoria, Gauteng)