For a hassle-free experience, SASSA grant beneficiaries can switch their payments to a Shoprite Money Market Account and enjoy the many benefits offered by South Africa’s lowest-cost, fully-fledged, transactional bank account.
Switching is free of charge, and there are no obligations to sign up for any additional services.
The benefits of a Money Market Account include:
- No monthly fees. Clients only pay a flat R5 fee for cash withdrawals. All other transactions are free and no other South African bank account matches this offer.
- Clients have full control over their money through SMS payment notifications and real-time balance enquiries on their phone.
- Skip long queues and high fees at ATMs by depositing and withdrawing cash at any of the more than 25 000 till points at Shoprite, Checkers and Usave stores nationwide.
- Clients don’t pay any fees to send money, buy airtime, data, electricity, send grocery vouchers, pay bills and pay for groceries from their phones.
Grant recipients can switch their SASSA payouts to a Money Market Account in four easy steps:
- Register: Dial *120*3534# OR WhatsApp 087 240 5709 OR visit the in-store Money Market counter OR download the Shoprite app.
- Sign in & download your Bank Confirmation Letter.
- Download the SASSA form here or collect one at the Money Market counter in any Shoprite, Usave or Checkers store.
- Take your printed Bank Confirmation Letter, completed SASSA switch form and original ID to your nearest SASSA office.
Account holders can also link their Xtra Savings card for easy in-store transacting and additional benefits, including personalised grocery offers. Customers who swipe their Xtra Savings card 4 times in a month and spend R100+ also qualify for a FREE funeral benefit.