SASSA grant beneficiaries with gold cards expiring in the next few months can avoid long queues and payment mishaps by switching their payments, free of charge, to a Shoprite Money Market Account – South Africa’s lowest cost, fully fledged, transactional bank account.
In four easy steps grant holders can open an account and switch their SASSA payments:
- Dial *120*3534# OR
- WhatsApp 087 240 5709 OR
- visit the in-store Money Market counter OR
- download the Shoprite app.
- Sign in & download your Bank Confirmation Letter.
- Download the SASSA form here or collect one at the Money Market counter in any Shoprite or Checkers supermarket.
- Take your printed Bank Confirmation Letter, completed SASSA switch form and original ID to your nearest SASSA office.
Grant recipients will get up to R100 in Shoprite vouchers when their first SASSA grant of R800 or more, is paid into their Money Market Account.
The benefits of a Money Market Account include:
- No monthly fees. Clients only pay a flat R5 fee for cash withdrawals. All other transactions are free and no other South African bank account matches this offer.
- Clients have full control over their money through SMS payment notifications and real-time balance enquiries on their phone.
- Skip long queues and high fees at ATMs by depositing and withdrawing cash at any of the more than 25 000 till points at Shoprite, Checkers and Usave supermarkets nationwide.
- Clients don’t pay any fees to send money, buy airtime, data, electricity, send grocery vouchers, pay bills and pay for groceries from their phones.