Checkers recently opened its seventh supermarket in Centurion, Gauteng, creating 95 new jobs.
Situated in the newly opened Irene Link Mall, the supermarket has a total staff complement of 138 employees and will be managed by Natascha Ferriera, who joined the retailer in 2009.
Customers can look forward to a unique shopping experience at Checkers Irene Link, including:
- A Meat Market with free range chicken and restaurant-quality steak;
- A bakery with artisan breads and cakes;
- A Fish Shop with a wide range of fresh seafood;
- A Wine section;
- A Sushi bar with freshly prepared sushi;
- A Foreign Ground coffee shop;
- Fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers;
- Exclusive private label brands such as Forage & Feast and Simple Truth;
- Hot and cold foods deli; and
- A Money Market counter.
Trading hours are from 08:00 to 20:00, Mondays to Sundays.