Checkers recently opened its third supermarket in Kraaifontein, Western Cape, creating new jobs for 115 employees.
With a total staff complement of 141 employees, Checkers Uitzicht will be managed by newly appointed branch manager, Samuel Mtembu, who joined the retailer in 2017.
Customers can look forward to a unique shopping experience at Checkers Uitzicht, including:
- A Meat Market with free range chicken and restaurant-quality steak;
- A bakery with artisan breads and a sophisticated range of confectioneries and luxury cakes by Soet Cakes;
- A Foreign Ground coffee shop;
- Fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers;
- A sushi bar;
- Exclusive private label brands such as Forage & Feast and Simple Truth;
- Hot and cold foods deli; and
- A Money Market counter.
Trading hours are from 08:00 to 20:00, Mondays to Sundays.