Checkers is launching its first standalone Little Me store with a range of top baby brands, including maternity wear exclusively designed and manufactured by local supplier, Cherry Melon.
The affordable MiYu range, exclusive to Little Me, includes a selection of top-selling, quality basics which Cherry Melon is renowned for.
Checkers is the first supermarket retailer to partner with Cherry Melon, which Tiggy Potgieter started in 2005 when she was pregnant and became aware of the great need for maternity wear. Today Cherry Melon employs 25 people.
“Little Me is an opportunity to offer our parent-customers fantastic baby brands at supermarket prices. With a destination baby store, parents can browse the brands and products on offer at leisure, with specialist in-store employees on standby to be of assistance.”
- Willem Hunlun, Chief Operating Officer at Checkers
In addition to the standalone Little Me store in Drakenstein (Paarl), there are also dedicated Little Me’s located in the following supermarkets:
- Checkers Hyper Brackenfell (Fairbridge Mall, Western Cape)
- Checkers Hyper Edenvale (Meadowdale Mall, Gauteng)
- Checkers Hyper The Orchards (Mbombela, Mpumalanga)
- Checkers Hyper Pavillion (Westville, KwaZulu-Natal)
- Checkers Hyper Somerset West (Helderberg Mall, Western Cape)
- Checkers Hyper Bloemfontein (Fleurdal Mall, Free State)
MiYu will also be available in the dedicated Little Me’s which will open at the following supermarkets:
- Checkers Hyper Baywest Mall (Gqeberha, Eastern Cape): 4 December 2021
- Checkers Hyper Sun Valley (Fish Hoek, Western Cape): 14 December 2021
- Checkers Hyper Parklands (Sandown, Milnerton, Western Cape): 14 December 2021
- Checkers Hyper Eden Meander (George, Western Cape): 15 December 2021