Dec 3, 2020
Checkers today revealed its new state-of-the-art supermarket at the Rosebank Mall as it continues to introduce more and more customers to a truly world-class shopping experience.
The upmarket store offers a number of unique speciality services including:
- a honey bar offering three unique, local varieties of honey-on-tap, namely Buchu, Lucerne and Spring
- hand-stretched, stone baked pizzas straight from the oven,
- a sit-down sushi bar,
- a decadent chocolatier bar with locally-made pralines and other delicacies (including sugar-free and vegan options) by Chocoloza
- a selection of meats and veggies expertly prepared on an imported rodizio grill
- an in-store Kauai and
- the first of its kind in-store Starbucks.
With a strong emphasis on fresh food and convenience, the various in-store service departments have been designed to look and feel like a store within a store - offering customers an artisanal market experience within the supermarket environment.
Customers can also look forward to an improved layout - including wider aisles and seamless floors that allow trolleys to move with limited noise.
Checkers Rosebank is the fifth Checkers supermarket to open in Gauteng within the space of a month, creating more than 200 new jobs.
The new stores - located in areas not previously served by the Shoprite Group’s supermarkets or in those showing population growth - include:
- Checkers Clubview (Centurion)
- Checkers Magalies (Brits, North West)
- Checkers Village View at the Village View Shopping Centre (Bedfordview)
- Checkers Castle Gate at the Castle Gate Shopping Centre (Waterkloof Ridge, Pretoria)
- Checkers Rosebank at Rosebank Mall