Oct 28, 2019
- The Shoprite Group is whole-heartedly committed to employment in Africa, as their staff complement of 147 268 attests.
- The Group is proud to be the largest employer, after government, in South Africa.
- In only one week, almost 120 new jobs were created by the opening of three supermarkets in South Africa.
Shoprite Stimela Barberton
Shoprite created 95 new jobs with the opening of Shoprite Stimela Barberton in Mpumalanga. The store’s total staff complement is 111, which includes 83 women and 101 youth (between the ages of 18 and 35).
Shoprite Stimela Barberton offers customers a convenient shopping experience with 21 pay points and access to a number of in-store fresh food departments including a Meat Market, Hot & Cold Foods Deli, Bakery and Fresh Fruit & Vegetables.
The store will be managed by Wikus Meintjies who joined the Shoprite Group in 2015.
Checkers The Glen
A brand new Checkers supermarket opened its doors in Gauteng. The store in The Glen Shopping Centre will be managed by Branch Manager, Mthembeni (Benny) Mazibuko.
Mthembeni has been with the Shoprite Group since 2014 where he began his journey as an Assistant Trainee Manager:
- Branch Manager Mthembeni (Benny) Mazibuko
The new Free State store will be managed by Lucas Mabe who has more than 10 years of retail experience. He says:
- Branch Manager Lucas Mabe
The opening of this store created 22 new jobs. The store’s total staff complement is 61, which includes 40 women and 59 youth.
Read more about all these store openings in the Press Kit.